Saturday, June 27, 2015

HIS MERCIES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING



My last few blog posts were pretty long and pretty heavy! It wasn't my intention to appear closed minded or unloving. It's because I love and care and have these Christian beliefs, that I share. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however I pray that options are considered with the same open mindedness that people are calling Christians to have. 
I believe homosexuals that are honest, fine, hardworking people and many even consider themselves Christian. I have known people who consider themselves part of the LGBT Community and have never had any negative issues or experiences with them. I do not consider myself better than any one. I do believe they are trapped in sin. There are many sins and homosexuality is just one of them, we all sin and fall short of what God originally intended for our life. Again,  it’s not my place to judge.  

I have a greater concern now, that gay marriage has opened the door to some real problems.  While it seems as a group of people have gained some new rights and equality, some have lost theirs. Say a pastor  cannot marry a gay couple because he believes it is wrong according to his faith, he will be looked at as wrong for denying them their constitutional rights. His religious rights become condemned. What about polygamy, incestuous or other relationships considered outside the norm? People would and could use the same argument that was used against gay marriage, like it is unnatural, or a perversion, or it destroys the definition of marriage. But by making that same argument, you become hypocritical. Where do you draw the line? Is there a line any more? Now it seems any one can go to court and have them define what love is and who is allowed to love whom. The squeaky wheel may have been greased but what will the consequences be?
All any Christian can do now is, give those things to God. Make sure that we live in His image. It's not for us to judge, we can't hold others to the same standards God set for us. Remember, as I said in a previous post, God's word was written for the believers.   The ignorant will to test our values. We need to hold true to them, with out condemnation. It's okay to share beliefs but not to condemn others for not believing.


NOW ON TO OTHER THINGS! I need a mini adventure with my amazing man today! It's time to check out if this drama filled world for a time today and go seek out some beauty in it. I'm excited to see what God has in store for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment