Sunday, October 18, 2015

Do You Dare to Dream? ***Edited**

Do you dare to dream impossible dreams? There was a time not too long ago, well today in fact, that I would try and keep from getting caught up in dreaming for the future. You see, it feels like most of my life dreaming would lead to hope and hope would lead to disappointments. Even though I have had incredible blessings this past year and a half (Wow! It's only been that long?) I find my self giving into fear, ya know, that false evidence appearing real stuff. That fear of disappointment is still a big one for me.

My "Amazing Man" is constantly encouraging me to dream of our future and what we want for our life, what kind of life we want to have and plans to make it happen. I feel like before he came a long, I couldn't afford that luxury, dreaming of a better life, as if dreams could really turn into reality...

On our weekend adventures we often drive through back country roads and through the woods and forest, dreaming of one day having some land with a cabin of our own. We dream of the size, what we'll put in it, our grand kids that will come visit and the holidays when we'll open our home to any one who wants to come over or needs a family to hang with. We dream of maybe using part of the land to build on and use it as a weekend getaway rental, as a place for retreats, or a bed and breakfast. It's fun to get all caught up in the dream. 

Then, reality sinks in. How could we ever afford to do that?! As it is now, if my husband and I aren't working, we're sleeping. I work two jobs, he works second shift, and is looking for another's one. We live in a small one bedroom apartment that is way too expensive! For the money we pay, we could be making payments on our own place, a nice place, perhaps our dream place. However, our credit isn't so great, we owe people money and we have bills to pay. It seems an impossible dream to me.

I have dreams of a forever home that can be a home and a retreat. I have a dream of having a career where I can make a difference, not just in the lives of other people, but in the Kingdom of God. I feel like God has finally answered prayers and delivered me from so much pain and hurt and put me in a place where I have no doubt I'm loved, appreciated, and accepted for being just me. I feel more free, at the same time stuck. In all my humanness, I feel like the Lord has brought me so far so fast and showed me so much, only to set me down and leave. That's how I "feel", but I know I need to be careful and not focus so much on what I don't have and remember He said he'd, never leave me or forsake me. Hebrews 13:5 says, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." I know this in my head, it often takes time to sink in and stay in my heart.

God created us in His image. God is the creator, to create you must dream up what you will create. If we're created in His image, we are to be dreamers and take part in creating the life we live. As I write each blog, it is meant to keep the theme of having hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 is a constant reminder of God's will for my life. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I totally need to not loose sight of this truth! Again, I know it in my head, but some how lately, I've seem to loose sight of it in my heart. 

When you loose sight of God's dream for your life, Satan will try and replace it with anxiety and depression. I'm so weary in that battle, fighting against the darkness Satan tries to blind me with, in order to keep hope and prosperous future out of sight. 

As I type this God says, 
14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14 
"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

In our life we'll have struggles, we'll feel like we're no longer hearing from God, question if we ever did at all and we'll be afraid to dream. I want to encourage anyone reading, including myself, don't give up on dreaming. God hasn't! Don't give up on hope and don't give up on dreams of a future. When things seem to be on pause, God may just be doing a work, creating your dream, and will present it to you when it's ready.

Are you still dreaming and putting your faith in the ONE who has a purpose and a plan for your life? Be content where He's placed you, you don't know what He's about to present to you. Keep going don't loose sight of the truth!




No comments:

Post a Comment