Wednesday, November 25, 2015

WWIII The Beginning of the End. What happened to hope and a future?

WWIII The Beginning of the End. What happened to hope and a future?
Terrorists are attacking around the world, including places we would not have thought of before caused by suicide bombers, as well as people using makeshift weapons. There's conflict over religions: Muslim vs Christian and Jew; Islamic and Judaeo Christian ideals. The influx of immigrants feared to have been infiltrated by terrorists are creating suspicion and unrest. World wide travel alerts are declared and, military as well as passenger planes around the world getting blown out of the sky. There are countries in financial crisis. Security is the biggest concern  and yet, questionable actions are being taken by world leaders including the U.S. President. It doesn't seem to be a matter of if, but when more terrorist attacks on a large scale will occur  on American soil. Rumors of the beginning of WWIII circulate, and it feels like our world is in chaos. Where is our hope and future?

I can't imagine people in this world reading the headlines and going through their daily lives in this chaotic world we live in, with out trusting in the God who created the beginning and holds the future. How could they live with out having hope in something greater than themselves?! 

There have been times in my life where I have felt that there is no way I could take another breath or survive another second living in the space of time I was living in if it weren't for my Father God, Jehovah Rapha (God who heals), Jehovah Jireah (God who provides), Jesus Christ to hold on to. How do people go on with out knowing a God who heals the broken and provides for the weak in desperate times? The times today feel desperate. 

As I was telling a friend the other day, "Part of me really feels like time is speeding up to an end and I'm not prepared enough to go into the battle before the end comes. Imagined or real, I don't know." The book of Ezekiel seems to be unfolding, people are missing it. I think the unseen spiritual battle that rages around us in the unseen world is becoming more visible. I think it is more important now for believers to hold on to what they know is true and start really walking in it! Walk in the truth you've known all along. The truth is that there is power in prayer,  there is a God who has called us into action to live in His will, not our own, and that same God IS coming again. Are you ready? 

 There are those who have turned from the truth or who have allowed the world to blind them from it. It's no longer safe to sit on the fence in your beliefs. As I type this, I know, God is speaking this to me as well, especially to me. I've let fear of the future rather than the hope of the future rule me for too long!

I believe people today have taken sides and are unmoveable in their beliefs and ideas. God has allowed their hearts to be hardened. For this reason, I feel focusing on or speaking to followers of Christ or those who have the ears to hear, and choose to listen, is becoming more important. They are the ones who should be willing to take a stand. Too many have chosen to bury their head in the sand and not see or hear the truth that is around them. It's time to stand and be prepared for anything that comes our way.

Romans 8:27 says, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Everything is everything. This verse is a promise to those who love God. Hold on to it and know it will all work out for good. We can be thankful in these desperate times knowing we have a God who not only is aware of what is going on, but who will use it for good!  Be thankful we have hope! Again, I repeat the key verse of my blog,  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11"(NIV). The NLT version's wording is great for these times, "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." God does not plan out disaster for believers, His plans are always good! I am so thankful to be serving a God who has my best interests in mind not his own, because He loves me. He loves all of His children who have answered His call! 

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. (Colossians 4:2)

We need to stay alert and mindful of the God who holds our future. We need to stay thankful for the hope and provisions seen and unseen. Where are you Christian? Where are you standing as the unseen battle rages on? Where will you be standing when the invisible becomes visible? Where do your hope and future lie? 

*** Funny how this is not the Blog post I set out to write today. It must have been God's intention, not mine. It was going to be on warm fuzzy feelings of thankfulness. Thankfulness is in there though.
Blessings, on this time of Thanksgiving in the USA..***

No comments:

Post a Comment