Saturday, August 22, 2015

Seek Adventure and Gain a Different View on Life

I hate that I continue to have such a heavy heart about the issues of the day. Not just my day to day struggle of making ends meet and being a productive person in society...

It seems to me, that our corner of the world has become completely upside down, very quickly! So many people have become completely blinded to truth. However, they are just as sure of their version of truth and reality as I am of mine. As I see it, there is only black or white, there doesn't seem to be any gray areas; there's only right and wrong.

Abortion and planned parenthood, gender identity and homosexuality, flags, racism, the right to bear arms, immigration and walls for protection, religion, Islam vs. Christianity, the U.S. vs. Christianity, wars, terrorism, nuclear deals, conservative vs. liberals, free health care, contraceptives, education, and housing. I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out. Each issue slapping us in the face daily. Everyone seems to stand firm with out wavering on their claim to what they believe is the only truth. 

I believe  our country is in a desperate place, it has gone too far off track. We've stepped over the line and there may be no turning back. Something has been set in motion, there has been a big shift, can you feel it?Many believe, we have always been moving forward and making progress. I ask, forward? In what direction, to where? Progress? To what goal? 

Remember the Romans 1 quote I copied and pasted in my last post? You can't tell me, none of that is today's reality. The gist of the whole passage in that post is found  in verse 28, "Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done."

What happens when a nation considered by many to be founded on the God of Christianity, turns their back on Him and does things that should never be done? You have those who care and those that don't. What is a person to do when they believe so many are going the wrong way? Continue to love and pray for those who can't see the truth, don't condone their actions, but don't condemn them either. 

It is times like these that I begin to feel so overwhelmed and worry about the world my grand children are going to grow up in. Today, it's harder to make a living, it's harder to see through the lies of the devil, it's just all around hard. That's when at the end of the week I look forward to the weekend with my Amazing Man, my husband. Each weekend we try and have an "adventure". It usually if not always consists of driving to no place in particular listening to an eclectic mix of music . We pray and ask God to join us on an adventure and show us some cool stuff, and He does!! Using only about 1/4 of a tank of gas, sometimes more. 

These adventures help us have a different perspective on the world we live in. It helps us see the beauty that still exists around us. Today I was reminded on Face Book how far I've come and how my life, while it has some struggles, it isn't quite so bad. Two years in a row, to the day I posted  Psalm 71:20, "Though you have made me see troubles many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up." Then a friend commented with, Job 8:7, "Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase." And Ya know, it really has!!! It is so important to take a step back and get a better view of the work the Lord has done and is doing in our lives and the world. "Adventures" are a great way to do it!

The pictures in this post are just a few of the recent things we've seen. We're so blessed to be able to take short breaks from the life we live and just explore with God. It restores our peace, and hope in our future and helps us reconnect with each other and God! When the world feels upside down and out of control, it's important to seek the beauty in God's creation and to be reminded of who's really in control.

 I think everyone should take time out and go explore, see what's around you, take a road you've never traveled before and escape from the day to day, if even if it's just for a few hours. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment